- Help and Guides
- Ladder Slasher
Welcome to the Ladder Slasher shrine, a repository for information about the game.
Ladder Slasher is a free RPG game that you can play in your web browser, or any Flash 8 capable device.
There are currently 41 Players Online Slashing
- v1.28.0, .1 and .2 Released by njaguar on May 21 2013 09:24am
- v1.28.2 release notes
- You can now abort a transmutation without losing the item(s) if you did not click Transmute or Stabilize
- Group join requests will now be sent/received while players are in the catacombs -- You must still return to town to join a group, however.
- You can now create a group while solo in the catacombs
- Pawfulgore now has a chance to use an ability
- Uniscorchus now has a chance to use an ability
Please note that you may need to refresh/clear cache on your browser to ensure your client reads v1.28.2 at the login screen.
- v1.28.0, .1 and .2 Released by njaguar on May 12 2013 05:24pm
- v1.28.1 release notes
- Suffusencing now gives a slight +proficiency bonus when suffusencing items higher than your rank
- The low end minimum Enhanced Effect for suffensencing has been doubled
- Item drop window redesigned slightly to make more optimal use of space
- Group invites will now automatically be resent out every 5 levels of the group leader in non-full groups
- Fixed issue where certain items dropped to chat box could "freeze" up the client. Note that any item data that is too long will not be sent.
- Fixed clawgel to properly use special ability
- Glyger now has a chance to use an ability
- Gigabee now has a chance to use an ability
Please note that you may need to refresh/clear cache on your browser to ensure your client reads v1.28.1 at the login screen.
- Top Guild And Player Ladders Added by njaguar on May 9 2013 05:25pm
- Hi All!
Added some ladders that show the last 24 hours, week, and month guilds and players to the View Ladders page:
Data is cached and can be delayed up to 30 minutes, but this allows you to see at a glance the top guilds/players for the last X period of time. Also note that players not in guilds at the time of their MQ/guild point gain will not show in these rankings.
Enjoy! (1.28.1 coming soon, also)
- v1.28.0, .1 and .2 Released by njaguar on May 7 2013 06:53am
- Hello everyone!
v1.28.0 release notes
- Added a new secondary ability to Glyphing called Glyph Merging
- Glyph Merging allows you to merge two glyphs together into one, combining their stats
* Stats on two glyphs cannot overlap, eg, you cannot merge two +strength glyphs
* You cannot merge two glyphs if either has Enhanced Effect on it (however, you can suffusence it later, if you wish)
* The magical prefix will take the highest merged glyph value - it will not represent the number of stats on the item
* The difficulty/proficiency of the glyphing will be based on the tier + number of stats of the two glyphs. Eg, two glyphs with two stats each combined will glyph at an "angelic" level
- Evil Wells will now show up on the mini-map once discovered
- Trapdoors will now show up on the mini-map once discovered (if you have a class that can avoid falling into them with you)
- Mobs that gain physical or magical resistance buffs will now display a red or blue orb/shield briefly to indicate such
- Fixed Treasure Pest mob to properly use special abilities again
- Fixed a bug with paralyze where if it happened before your first attack, you would not be paralyzed
- Fixed a bug with full exploring a maze and not being able move on the first step of the new maze without returning to town
- Normal mob spawn range changed as follows: one person = 1 to 3*, two = 1 to 5, three = 1 to 7, four and five = 1 to 9
- The "new player" detection has been adjusted so that if you have 0 MQ attempts for the season, only 2 regular mobs will spawn solo max, and only 1 EP (this nullifies and replaces the < 500 kills of the previous patch)
- The objective A Pinch of Evil can now spawn for any sized group
- The objective Ambush! can now spawn for any sized group
- The objective Hack the Horde can now spawn for any sized group
- The objective Stop the Seven Shamans can now spawn in groups sized three and above
- The objective Slash the Swarm can now spawn in groups sized four and above
- Foglime now has a chance to use an ability
- Seevil now has a chance to use an ability
- Azapnid now has a chance to use Octallusion
Make sure to return to the main http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org portal and reclick your desired game size to get to the 1.28.0 version.
Hope you all enjoy the updates!
- v1.27.0, .1 and .2 Released by njaguar on May 2 2013 08:33am
- v1.27.2 release notes
- Client now more accurately calculates hp/mp regen
- Client now more accurately calculates and displays damage/heal ranges to include proficiency and + % mastery bonuses
- The combat idle protection feature has been adjusted to move players to town rather than disband their group
- The objective A Pinch of Evil has been tweaked to spawn a bit more frequently for players
- Mobs that duplicate/call for help will now spawn in random locations rather than sequential
- Fixed an issue where a client could be disconnected due to inactivity at the character select/creation screen, or master quest
- Added more preventative drag/drop reset capabilities to master quest screen -- in the event your key is "stuck", try clicking the key again, or the door
* I still have yet to be able to reproduce this a single time, so hopefully this resolves the issue on the rare occasions it occurs for some people
- Dunebug now has a chance to use an ability
- Darknice now has a chance to use an ability
Please note that you may need to refresh/clear cache on your browser to ensure your client reads v1.27.2 at the login screen.
- v1.27.0, .1 and .2 Released by njaguar on Apr 29 2013 06:20am
- v1.27.1 release notes
- Slightly increased the odds that more stats will spawn on items (eg, arcane, unique, etc)
- Fish auto stacking now works with suffussenced fish
- Fixed a client side display bug with fishing and combat (would should +fishing for weapon/charm proficiency gains if you left the fishing window open during a fight)
- Fixed a bug where using an accessory charm could result in grossly high or low damage amounts
- Torrentile now has a chance to use Torrential Twisters (multi-shot wind attack)
- Moltengrabba now has a chance to use an ability
Please note that you may need to refresh/clear cache on your browser to ensure your client reads v1.27.1 at the login screen.
- v1.27.0, .1 and .2 Released by njaguar on Apr 27 2013 09:58am
- Hi All,
v1.27.0 release notes
- Fish and comfreys now spawn with stats more strictly tied to the tier that spawns
* for instance, a herring should no longer spawn with sardine level stats
- The stats of fish you catch will be displayed briefly in the fishing popup window
- The +prof text popup will now display the skill being used. Eg; +5 Glyphing
- All mobs will now display their actual name, rather than a random name. Special battles will still be designated with unique random mob names
- Ice Mastery can now spawn on items
- Fire Mastery can now spawn on items
- Lightning Mastery can now spawn on items
- Earth Mastery can now spawn on items
- Wind Mastery can now spawn on items
- Element Mastery stats will increase the damage of that particular element, as well as increase your elemental resistance against damage taken for that element.
- Magic Damage Reduction will continue to be an "all resistance" style mod, and it stacks with the individual ones for defense purposes.
- If your effective element reduction total is over 100%, you will absorb the % amount over 100. For instance, if you have 105% fire mastery/MDR, you will absorb 5% fire damage.
- Evil Presence mob counts will now better reflect the party size (slightly less chance of 3 during solo, for instance)
- Only single mob Evil Presences will be allowed to spawn for new solo players to help ease them into the game. (New is defined as < 500 kills -- so this also helps with new HC characters)
- The objective Face the Evil was tweaked again to spawn for players more frequently than previously
New Monster Abilities:
- Bloodrat now has a chance to use an ability
- Magaton now has a chance to use 2 abilities
- Fizzypup now has a chance to use Fast Fire (double fire attack)
- Frisp now has a chance to use Flittering Flames (chance to replicate when hit)
- Tonguerus now has a chance to use Heal Frenzy
Make sure to return to the main http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org portal and reclick your desired game size to get to the 1.27.0 version.
Much more to come, hopefully soon, getting more pieces done towards some longer term goals. This is a fairly big step in that direction.
- v1.26.0, .1 and .2 Released by njaguar on Apr 23 2013 06:48am
- v1.26.2 release notes
- Fishing pond now remembers previous rod used
- Added auto stack fish option in settings that will auto stack same tier/type fish (applies to fishing and cooking)
* This will try and stack like piles, life with life, mana with mana, and rare with rare -- will stop working once you reach a max stack size
* This feature is currently off by default, but may be turned on automatically in future updates. Please separate fish stacks accordingly and explore the feature now to make sure you understand how it works.
- All monsters now have a variable reaction time for their first attack. This means that some monsters will attack a bit faster for their first attack, but some will be slower to react than before.
* This is on a per monster basis, not per group of monsters. Ambush! objective will still all get first attack. This also only affects the first attack, not subsequent ones.
- The /find command and dialog now work up to level 255
- Doubled the max amount of +Guild Points that can spawn on a totem
- Catacombs map size now caps correctly at higher levels
New Monster Abilities:
- Frostivil now has a chance to use Snowballs (double ice attack)
- Rocktopus now has a chance to use Flailing Tentacles (multi target strike)
- Tornalisk now has a chance to use Wind Balls (multi-shot wind attack)
- Sinseerical now has a chance to use Elemental Evasion (blocks all magical damage for a few seconds)
- Goocidic now has a chance to use Gooify (blocks all physical damage for a few seconds)
Please note that you may need to refresh/clear cache on your browser to ensure your client reads v1.26.2 at the login screen.
Thanks all, enjoy! Hoping to get 1.27 out here soon!
- v1.26.0, .1 and .2 Released by njaguar on Apr 19 2013 09:56am
- v1.26.1 release notes
- Players that are temporarily paralyzed by a monster attack will turn blue and fade back to normal color -- this should help distinguish between lag and paralysis
- You will now receive +1 Guild Points for reaching experience level 101 (+2 for hardcore players)
- Re-added /find minLvl [maxLvl] command and it works outside of groups
- Find players window is now separate from group list window to allow for searching outside of groups
New Monster Abilities:
- Hornicorn now has a chance to use Front-row trample attack (physical) and Rear-ender (back kick to back row)
- Camouslauge now has a chance to use Splitting Personality (chance to split into a duplicate when hit)
- Glazier now has a chance to use Ice-sickle Attack (physical + ice) and Necrotic Ice Breath (multi-target)
- Gustfly now has a chance to use Whirl-wind Gust Attack (party knock-back)
- Hieramosickles now has a chance to perform a special ability
The monster contest will continue and be updated accordingly.
Please note that you may need to refresh/clear cache on your browser to ensure your client reads v1.26.1 at the login screen.
edit: Apr 20th 2013 7:34AM CDT
v1.26.1b release notes
- Using /find on levels between levels 1 to 126 now works (will fix properly @ next full release -- requires protocol change)
- Fixed a bug with level 101 not granting GPs
- Slightly improved chance for better drop quality (higher tiers) for all mobs
- Slightly increased difficulty of mobs above level 70
New Monster Abilities:
- Doomglider now has a chance to use Double sickle slice (physical)
- Gigapede now has a chance to use Gigagashing (multiple attacks)
- Posiaclawn now has a chance to perform a special ability
- v1.26.0, .1 and .2 Released by njaguar on Apr 18 2013 07:00am
- Hi all!
A new end game challenge has been unlocked and added for everyone. Monsters will now continue to get stronger beyond level 70, allowing for some high level races and challenges. Your achieved higher levels will actually mean more than vast amounts of time, as well as offer new rewards towards higher drops and bonuses. More rewards, goals and bonuses are to come after this update.
v1.26.0 release notes
- Removed mob level caps - this will allow for some true high level competition and bragging rights, as well as increased drop rates as one climbs higher
- As per above, Mobs will continually get stronger beyond level 71, which unlocks some challenging end-game battles (and rewards -- more to come)
- Proficiency gain is no longer capped at experience level 70, however note the additional difficulty and risk of death
- Increased experience gain for groups of 1-4 respectively to help balance vs full groups (double or more bonus to what it was prior to this patch)
- Fixed high level character display in various locations
- The objective Face the Evil was tweaked to spawn for players more frequently than previously
- Objectives enabled/completed text messages changed to a yellow color for better visibility
New Monster Abilities:
- Electrowisp now has a chance to use Blink Evasion
- Shocktooth now has a chance to use Electric Bite (physical + lightning)
- Mantaprey now has a chance to use Neurotoxin Tail Attack (paralysis)
- Sunwisp now has a chance to use Plasma Exchange (fire counter attack)
- Needleback now has a chance to use Thorn counter-attack when physically hit
- Repelican now has a chance to use Electrical Conduit (always reflects lightning damage taken with a lightning attack)
- Bloodbunny now has a chance to use Reactive regenerative heal
- Lavoulder now has a chance to use Fire Fist Attack (physical + fire)
- Twintile now has a chance to use Intertwining head strike (double strike)
Monster abilities will be updated here when they are discovered by the community: http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=21
Also, make sure to return to the main http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org portal and reclick your desired game size to get to the 1.26.0 version.
A contest for the monster abilities will be posted shortly. Also, if you guys could create a topic where you provide feedback on the relative difficulty as you increase beyond 71, so I can make sure the numbers fit your real world expectations, as well as gauge future rewards (71+) that will better fit real world scenarios.
Enjoy, much more to come, hoping to get back to regular updates to get the monsters all out there, so I can move on to the next big phase.
- v1.25.0 and v1.25.1 Released by njaguar on Oct 25 2012 08:14am
- Another quick update-
v1.25.1 release notes:
- Explore the Maze level requirement lowered to level 1
- Mirror Maze guild point reward has been doubled
- Sneaky Shell now has a bit less life
- Fixed the calculation for the cooking "Minimum To Skill Up" tip on the client
- Treasure Pest now gives an additional bonus upon completion
- Down Arrow/S will now turn you around (180 degree turn)
- Trapdoor/Well will now be shown when you turn in a room that has one
- Maze walls/floor colors adjusted to better match overall catacombs feel
edit - Nov 24th 2012: (v1.25.1b)
- Freaver now has a chance to use Freezing Scythe Strike (physical) (slow)
- Mobs with the ability Call For Help can now use it if they are a normal or special mob
Make sure your client shows v1.25.1 at the bottom right of the login page. If it does not, you may need to refresh or clear your cache.
More to come
- v1.25.0 and v1.25.1 Released by njaguar on Oct 23 2012 03:25pm
- Hi All!
Still not the "big one", but I decided to try and get back to incremental updates as much as possible, and figured out some ways to do so that will hopefully put updates out more frequently. In any case, I am pleased to announce v1.25.0 for your playing pleasures.
v1.25.0 release notes:
- New "3D" catacombs map system implemented
- Mini-map revamped to accommodate new map display
- Maze controls have changed slightly to accommodate the new maze system (Up moves forward, Left/Right turn left or right)
* Note that random fights can occur by simply turning directions.
- Well placement in catacombs adjusted to appear part of the maze
- A trapdoor is now visibly drawn on the ground when detected
- Cooking has been adjusted so that you will still gain proficiency longer per tier. Example: You can get to rank 4 on tier 1 fish, rank 9 on tier 2, rank 14 for tier 3, etc.
- High level characters (>127) will now show the correct level in View Ladders
- Combat Proficiency gains have been tweaked slightly to allow for more gains overall
- Added new objective: Bits and Pieces
- Added new objective: Treasure Pest
- Fixed a bug in Slash the Swarm
- Settings keyboard bindings updated to reflect new catacombs key functions
New Monster Abilities:
- Wind-o-shade now has a chance to use Blink attack (teleport)
- Electangle now has a chance to use Tangling tentacle evasion (position swap)<br>Call For Help when injured (random)
- Aqueous now has a chance to use Water condenser (shrink)
- Chargon now has a chance to use Multi-target Breath Attack (fire)
- Huntaguar now has a chance to use Wind Fist Attack (physical + wind)
Monster abilities will be updated here when they are discovered by the community: http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=21
Remember, this is just an incremental update, there is tons more to come, as I'm sure your imaginations will run wild with.
Also, make sure to return to the main http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org portal and reclick your desired game size to get to the 1.25.0 version.
Have fun, and keep on slashin'!
- Flo13 Reset The Sc Ladder by njaguar on Oct 16 2012 03:57pm
- Congrats to Flo13 for resetting the softcore ladder! Welcome to softcore season 15!
- V1.24.0 and v1.24.1 Released by njaguar on May 5 2012 08:38am
- Enabled 3 more monster abilities:
- Peaktrice now has a chance to use Partial Paralyze Attack (physical)
- Albadross now has a chance to use Rock Drop Multi-target Back Row Attack (physical)
- Clawgel now has a chance to use Multi-target Heal
Another contest to identify them and their abilities will be started here shortly! Good luck!
All monsters and there abilities are and will be listed here as they are discovered: http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=21
- V1.24.0 and v1.24.1 Released by njaguar on May 3 2012 10:51am
- Turning on a few more monster abilities for you all to try and figure out. Will probably extend the contest to these here shortly!
v1.24.1 release notes
- You can now change position while in combat, but there is a delay to do so
- Alchemists online bonus is now displayed in the group hover player stats, if applicable
- Kangarel now has a chance to use Flee
- Brrraptor now has a chance to use Multi-target Breath Attack (ice)
- Porcuball now has a chance to use Multi-target Thorn Attack (physical)
- Boaurora now has a chance to use Charge Attack Push to Back
- Floraworm now has a chance to use Tendril Pull to Front Bite Attack
Make sure your client shows 1.24.1 in the bottom right at login. Some functionality may not work if you do not have the proper version.
Monster information will be posted here as people discover the actual correct monsters and their ability(s): http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=21
- V1.24.0 and v1.24.1 Released by njaguar on May 1 2012 10:31am
- Hello Everyone! This is still not "the big one", but we're getting closer.
v1.24.0 release notes
- The Shrine now operates closer to how it used to circa 2006 -- in order to heal higher amounts, higher level items are needed (relative to player level)
- Vault purchases now have better gold logs to notate more details
- Gold logs now convert LS Item Sales to links that you can click to view the items sale history
- Fixed incorrect calculation of EE stat on stacked items
- Global notifications are now sent when another player passes or fails the master quest (including if they reset the ladder)
- All players now gain a +2% experience bonus for every online alchemist for that core
- Time in group is now shown under hover player stats. Note: Only relative to you joining the group, just like their stats
- You can now click to select a charged ability icon to use it on your next attack without using hotkeys
- Slugslider now has a chance to use Call For Help (slugslider) (more details on http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=21)
- Trunkiller now has a chance to use Front Row Multi-target Swipe Attack (physical)
See if you can figure out which two mobs perform which abilities! Good luck!
Previously I posted some teasers regarding monsters. Each monster has an actual name, with abilities associated with it. This is the beginning of transitioning to that.
Please do not post "suggestions" on ability changes or what other monsters could do, until all of them are released over the coming months.
Thanks all, and have fun!
- V1.23.1 Released! by njaguar on Dec 29 2011 12:18pm
- Hello everyone! This is not "the big one" that I am still working on, but it does have a lot of nice updates none-the-less. I am still chugging along on the bigger updates (forked out, so I can get as much done in pieces as possible), and hoping to continue more frequent updates in the near future.
In the meantime, here are the 1.23.0 changes and notes:
** As always, please be sure to play this new version thoroughly on softcore before hardcore.
- The Vault is now accessible in the catacombs and during combat
- Added hotkey V for Vault (custom key configs will be reset in this version to accomodate)
- Item storage summary shown on bottom right of each tab in vault
- Added Magical level filter to vault withdraw search tab
- Added Auto Deposit/Transfer setting, which when enabled will automatically deposit/transfer an item dropped/shift clicked into the box
- There is now a bonus
+days forum gold discount for purchasing bulk slots or extended time beyond 30 days on the vault (*note, guild transfers do not get this bonus at this time, see below)
- Ambush objective frequency adjusted slightly
- Sneaky mob adjusted to have less life, but more physical defense
- Glyphing updated to be more tolerant of laggy client connections, will also be slightly faster completion for faster reflexes/connections
- Slightly tweaked monster attack AI to choose attack types more intelligently
- "Rooms" are now randomly generated within the catacombs (open spaces)
- Added new objective: Slash the Swarm (lvl 20)
- Added new objective: Four Corners (lvl 25)
- Added new objective: Elemental Education (lvl 45)
- Added Catacombs Auto Dummy Pilot which will attempt to explore the maze for you automatically. Please note that it is as it says, and will not take the smartest routes, and may sometimes go around in circles, and does not have an explicit intent to explore every unexplored space. Also note that you will still have to engage between fights, and if you find a treasure chest. This feature is for those that "hate to drive", and have no one in their group that wishes to do so.
The follow are remembered until game refresh/reload (eg; same session):
- Vault remembers and displays last viewed tab when reopened
- Vault remembers last category selected on deposit page
- Vault remembers last Vault # entered on transfer page
- Added new checkbox to the Settings window to toggle Do Not Disturb (without having to use /dnd)
Thanks everyone, and have fun!
Edit Jan 26 2012:
v1.23.1 is also released:
- Fixes numerous small glitches with the vault transfers
- Adds a new configuration option that allows you to use just Click to exit the catacombs, instead of Ctrl-Click (Settings window, under Catacombs)
Edit Apr 28 2012:
- Vault bonus forum gold discount works as follows: If cost amount is 100.01 or higher = 5% discount, 200.01 or higher = 10% discount, 500.01 or higher = 15% discount, 1000.01 or higher = 20% discount
- Wildmike Resets Sc Ladder by njaguar on Aug 27 2011 01:13pm
- Congrats to WildMike for resetting the softcore ladder! Welcome to softcore season 14!
- Cole Reset The Ladder! by njaguar on Aug 21 2011 06:59am
- Congrats to McClain for resetting the hardcore ladder! Welcome to hardcore season 2!
- V1.22.1 Released! by njaguar on Jun 24 2011 11:18am
- Hello again! After a quick turn-around, I am going to go ahead and release v1.22.1 now, rather than waiting. Below is the changelog:
You will need to refresh your client, so it shows version 1.22.1 in the bottom right corner on the login page. You may need to clear your browser cache, and/or restart it for it to properly download and update.
- Essences will now auto-stack. Remove a stack from your inventory if you do not want it to increase further.
- Re-Added Shift Click to inventory equipment/items. Will quick submit your item to the vault deposit, market sell/transfer, or skill (cooking, etc) item slot as applicable.
- LS character profile pages now correctly show heal values of stacked fish/comfreys
- Fixed Keyboard numpad assignment showing up as wrong key
- Changing hotkey for quick attack and quick item slots now updates the label over those boxes accordingly
- Assigning a keyboard hotkey value no longer causes the key list to scroll back to the top
Thanks everyone, enjoy!
- V1.22.0 Released! by njaguar on Jun 21 2011 06:05am
- Hello Everyone! I am pleased to announce the release of Ladder Slasher v1.22. Below are the release notes:
- Fixed a bug where you sometimes could not pick up an item after killing a well monster
- Fixed searching for battleaxe, spear, and polearm in vault now correctly returns only those item types
- Fixed abilities losing their charge when attack did not work (mob already dead, out of mana)
- Fixed damage over 32k overflow display glitch
- Added current Objectives Enabled to the Stats -> Objectives popup window
- Increased the experience gain for increasing proficiency in skills
- Drop quantity calculation has been rewritten and re-factored to be more dependent on the relative difficulty of the monster you are fighting (translation: more drops for harder mobs!)
- Increased drop rate of totems
- Pressing the Escape key while a text box has focus will now cancel focus off of that text box
- Added a Keyboard configuration section to the Settings window. You can now customize/change existing keyboard hotkeys
- Max market items under 20fg increased from 20 to 25
- Fish/Comfreys will now spawn as a min * tier base as well as max. This means that the minimum values that can spawn will be tied more directly to the tier of the item. (No more 5 heal catfish, for instance)
- Base Fish heal ranges have been changed from 5-50 per level to 25-100 per level
- Base Comfrey minimum heal value increased
As usual, please return to the main LS index page, and click your resolution again if you have it bookmarked. v1.22.0 should show up in the bottom right corner of the login screen.
- V1.21.1 Released by njaguar on May 4 2011 10:51am
- Hi Everyone!
In the last few days, I fixed a handful of bugs, and introduced the ASE Error Reporting tool (http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/ase.php). I have rolled all of the fixes into an official release of 1.21.1, as detailed below:
- If Global/Local Storage was disabled in Flash, you could not login to LS. This is fixed; it now nags you to turn it on instead. (Storage is used to save various settings, such as the last logged in name, inventory arrangement, and various UI settings)
- Vault Search - Close window bug fixed (if you searched and closed the window before the search results were returned, you'd get an error)
- Ladder - Close window bug fixed (if you opened the ladder and closed the window/logged out before the search results were returned, you'd get an error)
- Glyph with Mana Regen bug fixed. This should fix the ASE errors with glyphs!
Thanks to everyone that reported these errors, and your help in narrowing them down! (Especially the last one!)
Refresh and/or clear cache to get the latest version. It should show v1.21.1 at the bottom right side at login.
- Dpaules Resets!!! by njaguar on Apr 23 2011 06:48am
- Congrats to dpaules for resetting the softcore ladder! Welcome to softcore season 13!
- V1.21.0 Released! by njaguar on Feb 12 2011 08:44am
- Hello everyone! I am proud to announce the public release of Ladder Slasher v1.21.0! See below for details.
- Experience gained in groups is no longer based upon action count. If you feel someone is "leeching", you can always kick them from your group (or not).
- Stat points added to Vitality and Intelligence now give you the full +HP/MP no matter what level you put them in at. Example, +1 Vit added at level 2 will give you +3 HP.
- Fish/comfrey stacks can now correctly exceed 65k total effect (client side overflow)
- You now regenerate at the full rate while doing skills (still applied upon skill completion)
- Door to leave catacombs changed to Ctrl-click instead of double-click
- Critical Flux now works vs. Melee and Caster critical hits
- Mob healing AI slightly improved
- Bug fix: Mirror Maze client bug on final fight fixed
- Bug fix: You can now use just the right box on skills that have two boxes but can have single item input (example: transmuting)
- Bug fix: Fishing in the dark well no longer restarts client side regeneration
- Bug fix: Suffusencing will now give you +proficiency points on a success (bottom bar complete) even when the top bar has reached 0
- Magic resistance on regular mobs has been removed
- "Free" group casting has been "removed" (see below)
- Added Abilities (3 per class) - Adds many new tactics!
- Characters receive 1 ability point per 5 levels, which can be spent in any of the abilities. Spending points in primary class abilities will net you the best results, while classes at or below your class will result in less results, and class abilities above your class the least results.
- For example, you gain +20% for the first point put into a class ability, +10% for the first point put into a non-class at or below your class, and +6% for the first point put into a non-class above your class.
- There are three primary ability types: weapon, offensive charm, and heal charm.
- Abilities can be assigned to control, alt, or shift, and then used once they charge.
- Each ability has different attack/heal patterns, as described in their descriptions.
- Each ability charges either by attacking (melee, charm), healing, getting hit, or getting healed.
- When an ability charges, it's icon will appear to the left of your weapon slot (Q), with the charge percentage. You can use it according to the type and key you have assigned it to.
- The higher the charge %, the more damage the ability will do. Abilities can overcharge up to 200%! Each ability has varying +Effect% bonuses.
- For example, a level 1 barbarian puts his first point in Knockdown. This gives him +20%. He assigns it to the Ctrl key, by Ctrl-clicking it on the stats window. He enters combat, and fights for a bit, as it generates to 10%, then 20%, etc. At any point, he can use this ability, but he decides to wait till it is charges to 100%, then and he waits for 3 mobs in a row (horizontal), then ctrl-clicks to attack one, and it uses his ability, hitting all three mobs in the row.
- You can learn up to three abilities at a time. All three can charge simultaneously.
- Abilities reset when you reroll your character (or complete a master quest).
- All abilities only take the regular time amount to use once they are charged. For instance, Multicast/Multistrike only have a 1 second cooldown. Please note that heavy weapon melee will still have the 2 second cooldown.
- Returning to town or changing equipment will reset all of your charges. Plan accordingly!
A new portal category and complete guide on abilities will be added as time permits.
I have the ability to modify the effectiveness of abilities without restarting the server. This will allow me (with the players help!) to adjust, tweak, and balance each ability to perfection over the course of time. Going into this release, it is a given that not all of them will be perfectly balanced, but with the help of the community, we can make sure every ability is reasonably and well balanced against the others, so that there is never a single predominant choice that everyone chooses. I plan to create a reporting/polling tool to help with this. Also, please note that most all of these abilities will be changing over time as the game continues to progress through development stages. This will make more sense as future upgrades are made.
I also plan to create an ASE reporting tool, that will simplify all ASE reports and put them in a single location where I can review them accordingly.
The features announced in the previous version are still going to make it into LS, just not in this version. Also, the mob changes will still come, but have been postponed to at least the next release.
Have fun everyone! (Thanks to Dan and Kevin for their help testing!)
- V1.20.1 Released by njaguar on Jan 9 2011 06:59pm
- Hi Everyone!
Releasing v1.20.1 with a few fixes and update:
- Vault ASE error should been fixed
- Glyph ASE error should been fixed
- Added "Minimum To Skill Up" indicator for Cooking, Glyphing, Transmuting, and Suffusencing. This is the lowest item you can use to gain a proficiency point in that skill.
Refresh/clear cache on your client to get the updated version. It should display v1.20.1 in the bottom right at login.
Will continue working on resolving the remaining ASE reports, but these were the two big ones that people had been reporting. Enjoy!
Congrats to ironmind for resetting the softcore ladder! Welcome to Softcore Season 12!
- V1.20.0 Released! by njaguar on Oct 7 2010 06:05am
- Introducing Ladder Slasher v1.20:
(It is highly recommended that you play this version in Softcore before you try Hardcore. Some game dynamics have changed compared to past versions.)
Changes and New Features:
And many other fun and surprises waiting to be discovered!
- Client and server codebases have had complete overhauls to improve performance and reliability
- Groups are now persistent, in town and out.
You can now venture into the catacombs, and your position will be saved upon returning to town.
You can create a group, then enter catacombs while you wait for people to join.
Plus more that you can discover!
Returning to town will not reset the map or fight (if you are in one)
- Mob spawns in catacombs has been adjusted to be more strict based upon how many people are exploring. This makes it solo-able, and also more interesting for larger groups. All the bonuses for large groups still apply (the more in your group, the better!)
- Find players dialog added and replaces the /find command (can only use it while you are in a group), double clicking a result will auto open a /msg to that user.
- Upon exploring the entire maze, if your entire party returns to town, when you go back into catacombs, it will automatically transfer you down a level to a new map.
- Most objectives can now be completed without a full group, and some can even be completed solo.
- Falling through a trapdoor or exploring the whole maze and leaving cata and returning will re-initialize objectives that you can complete.
- Drop qualities have been increased
- Groups are now managed (and created) via the Group Tools icon in the bottom right of town (hotkey: F)
- Any available groups will automatically be found and displayed when you first select your character
- Damage and healing is now displayed in a new format, and you can tell who the source and target is.
- When a charm is used, it is displayed on the screen, so you can tell when an enemy is casting vs. physical attacks.
- Can now change equipment during combat
- A skill icon will appear when a group member is doing a skill (eg, a fish when they are fishing, etc)
- If a group member is not in the same location as you, their character will "fade out". This will indicate that they are in cata while you are in town, and vice versa.
- Caught fish are now automatically placed into your held items
- Glyphing rank 1 items (without proficiency) is now a little bit easier
- Block is now renamed to Parry to better describe the functionality
- You can no longer send PMs while in /dnd mode
- Mobs now have a chance to drop items higher than their level. This bonus increases with group size.
- Evil presence, certain objectives, and well mobs will now only drop magical or higher items
- Life steal, life/mana per hit/kill now have a higher effectiveness in catacombs
- If the client gets an error, will automatically disconnect you as a safety measure
- Ctrl-click attack with a charm will group attack mobs, at a slower cast rate. Only works in groups of 2 or more. The more mobs, the slower the cast rate.
- New objective added: No Maze No More, required level 55 to complete, must have completed Hack the Horde
- A text notification will appear when another user uses a glyph on you
- Well of evil has been removed from town
- Dark pools can now spawn in catacombs, and function similar to how the well used to. You can also fish in it!
- Removed some old mobs, and replaced with newer ones (see below for more info on future updates regarding this)
- You will now receive notifications after you receive new private messages on d2jsp. ** Note, this is not real time, but updates roughly when your current gold amount does.
- Critical hits are now displayed in red text
- All melee weapons are now modified by a strength and dexterity combination, rather than pure strength or dexterity. Ratios are listed on the Weapons page on the portal.
- PvP is now real time, and player position specific
PvP is divided into 10 level rooms, for instance, levels 1-10 are in room 1, 11-20 in room 2, etc.
Up to 10 people can duel at a time per room!
Dueling is now HC safe, there are no deaths in PvP, only knock-outs.
You must be next to your opponent to hit them (use the WASD or arrow keys to move)
Melee requires that you are immediately next to your opponent (not diagonal!)
Casting allows you to be 3 squares away in a straight line (not diagonal!)
The next version will include a lot of new features that expand upon this version. Some of them include: PvP ranking/scoring, more interactivity, more continuity, and much greater challenges.
Huge thanks to Arx_X, Justine, and Kevin for helping beta test!
- Huge Congratz To Dion! by njaguar on Jun 24 2010 09:14pm
- Congratulations to HylianHero on resetting the ladder and ending season 10 in softcore!
Welcome to Season 11 (softcore). Please note that all your softcore characters will be reset back to level 0, as the ladder has reset. You will retain all your items and proficiencies.
Good luck in the next season!
- V1.19.0 Release! by njaguar on Apr 16 2010 12:28pm
- v1.19 is now ready for release! Please read below for the updates and changes. This includes some really cool new features that enhance game-play considerably!
- New Loot system added to catacombs. When a person clicks an item to pick it up, it starts a 5 second countdown on that item. If you also want it, click the item during the 5 seconds. At the end of the timer, the server will roll each player that clicked it, and the highest number wins the item. You can continue hacking/exploring while the timers are running, they do not halt gameplay!
- Items will now last about 5 seconds after engaging in catacombs, instead of disappearing immediately. They will also last about 5 seconds between rounds in Hack the Horde.
- Item Drops window is now resizable. Click and drag the bottom right triangle icon to resize it. You can set it to vertical, larger, smaller, etc.
- Item quality bonus slightly increased for catacombs
- /leader PLAYERNAME command was added. Use this to change the leader of your group, if you no longer wish to lead the party in the maze.
- An asterisk * now appears next to the leader of a catacombs group.
- Suffusencing now gives +proficiency points on abort, like cooking.
- Cooking, Transmuting, and Suffusencing now remember stacks of items used when the "do again" button is pressed. This is handy for cooking stacks of fish, for instance.
- Low cost market item limit increased from 10 to 20. This means you can have up to 20 items under 20fg cost. The unlimited items above 20fg cost still applies.
- Critical Hits are now denoted with a ! after the damage amount. For instance, if you critical hit for 234, it will show "234!". Same thing applies to monsters that critical hit you or allies.
- Arena Monster level auto increasing at level up is now turned back on. No need to go back to town between level ups to change the summon level.
Enjoy, and seeya soon for more updates. I plan to crank out some more in a few days!
- V1.18.1 Released! by njaguar on Jan 22 2010 12:18pm
- v1.18.1 has been released. While only a "minor version" update, it contains some huge game-play changes. See below for the details:
- Offensive Charms now have a % chance to hit all monsters in catacombs per cast. The % chance is based upon your proficiency and the size of your group (full group = more % chance)
- Market will now correctly let you have 10 items under 20fg cost, whether you have higher priced items already listed or not
- Unsold (0fg) items on the market now count towards your amount, with a hard limit of 10, even if the item is priced at 20fg or higher
- Using glyphs in the arena will no longer reset your MCC
- Chatlog (L) now updates while open (do not have to close and reopen it, can just leave it open if you want)
- Cap on unspawnable Life Steal items has been lifted (** subject to change again at a future time, of course)
- Cap on effective EE now adjusted to be +20EE over the tier max. (This affects high proficiencies on high EE items, as well as unspawnables)
- Client will now correctly display the "adjusted" damage/defense ranges of items based upon EE caps (per above).
- Click and hold now works for Fishing, Cooking, and Transmuting
- Proficiency points gained now displays after completing a skill (eg; +3 will popup within the Skill window, etc.)
- Character class will now show up in a /find command following the character name (2 letter abbreviation, like catacombs)
Make sure you refresh/clear cache so your client says v1.18.1 at the bottom right corner during login.
Thanks to hapycmpr for helping test!
- V1.18.0 Released! by njaguar on Dec 16 2009 11:49am
- Hi Guys, another new version!
Here are some of the changes/addons in this version:
- Female characters have been added! You may choose female when creating a new character. On any existing character pre 1.18, you may type (once) /sex 2 to change your character into a female. This command is permanent!
- All character faces have been updated
- Various item graphics updates
- Increased odds of finding totems in catacombs
- Extra Items Slots stat renamed to Extra Equipment Slots
- Selling items on the Market is now account based instead of character based.
--- There is a max 10 items that you may sell at a time, unless selling an item 20fg or higher in price. There is currently no limit to the amount of items at this price that you may sell.
--- When an item expires off the market, you must manually go to the market and remove it from the market with one of your characters.
--- ** Dying in HC no longer loses items on the market from a character
- Fixed a display bug with selling/changing prices of items on the market
- Fixed a display issue with the Master Quest
- Increased Fish Stack Sizes (doubled from previous sizes)
- You can now stack uncooked fishes (cooking a stack of uncooked fish will remove 1 each time). This will allow you to fish for longer periods of time without having to stop and cook.
- Magical Defense is now visible and affected by armor type as follows:
--- Robes have base 6 magical defense, Padded have 5, etc through Plate has 1 base. Enhanced Effect increases Magical Defense and Physical Defense.
--- Magical Defense is increased/modified by Intelligence
- Armor Pierce now works for Offensive Charms
- Critical Strike now works for Offensive Charms
- Charm costs have been reduced to +8 MP per tier (5, 13, 21, 29, etc)
- Mana Syphon recovery range has been doubled (2 to mana cost)
Will post more asap, trying to get everything updated..
- V1.17.0 Released! by njaguar on Dec 4 2009 08:24am
- Hi Guys!
This version is a huge upgrade over all previous versions. I converted the game client from ActionScript 2.0 to ActionScript 3.0, taking the opportunity to do a complete rewrite of it, implementing a lot of things I've been wanting to do for some time, but were limited by AS2 and unable to do so.
The first thing you'll notice is that everything graphically has been updated. Things will still be familiar, but much has also changed. I will try and highlight the changes below, but you may be better off just trying it instead.
-- Complete client rewrite -- should operate much smoother, and faster on all machines!
-- Pretty much all the graphics have been updated (thanks CTaulborg!)
-- Modular layout, more control over customizing the positioning of windows, etc.
-- Added a Settings popup (ESC key to toggle it)
-- Moved chat logs out of a stationary window. You can toggle a movable chat logs history window with the "L" key.
-- Drops appear in a popup (you can move this wherever you want.) You can toggle it with the "O" key.
-- Spacebar still closes all popups.
-- All items now display in an icon format, with text as follows:
---- Top left = magical level (# of magical stats)
---- Top right = item tier
---- Bottom right = quantity (if applicable)
-- All character images have been redrawn
-- Characters now show the equipment you are wearing! This also applies to other players in catacombs!
-- Catacombs has been updated; players now appear along the left side. Group stats popup when hovering on the Experience bar.
-- To move position in the catacombs, click the arrow next to your name. Far left = back, far right = forward, middle = middle.
-- To auto attack, click and hold the left mouse button. Down arrow requirement has been removed! This applies to all monsters and other players!
-- Trashcan on the vault withdraw page, to quick delete items you no longer want
-- Inventory Equipment moveable -- will save positions upon logging out for next login!
-- Quickbar and Selected Attack also are saved between sessions
-- Sort icons added to equipment and items
-- To CHAT, press ENTER to open the chat box, type, then hit enter to send.
-- Guild vault transfer day purchases are now logged and viewable in the guild logs
-- Glyphs now show remaining time in a shortened form when in use.
-- Viewing the ladder shows your character highlighted if on the ladder.
-- Master Quest has been given a SIGNIFICANT overhaul and update. ;)
-- Transmuting difficulty significantly decreased at lower levels.
-- Mirror Maze now gives 2 to 5 guild points upon completion
-- Fish/Comfrey stacks now total the amounts added, rather than averaging them. This will ensure that no amount is lost with high quantity stacks!
-- Fishing first action snag bug fixed
-- Suffusencing a single fish or comfrey would not give it EE appropriately (stacks did work).
.. + more.. will update as soon as possible. Enjoy!!
(These changes will allow me to do much cooler updates in the future. The modular layout is optimal for allowing more things to be done/added!)
To play the new version, make sure you go back to the main portal (http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org) and click the appropriate window size button. The links have been updated. This should help for people that had old version caching troubles in the past.
- V1.16.0 Released! by njaguar on Sep 14 2009 01:54pm
- Hi Everyone!
It'll be hard to miss a lot of the changes in this version, but I will list them anyway. Big thanks to Chris (CTaulborg) for help rendering the new town graphics, and some other minor graphics tweaks. (More to come!) I couldn't wait any longer, wanted to get some of these really awesome features released to you guys.
Here are some of the updates in this version:
- Items can now be used in combat! (Glyphs, Comfreys, and Fish)
- Fixed proficiency bug with wells
- Added a new skill, Suffusencing (see below)
- You can now stack Comfreys
- You can now stack Essences
- Greatly increased all max stack sizes (by at least 10x the original amounts!). For instance, a rank 0 fishing and cooking person can stack up to 20 fish!
- Fish usage has a timer of 1 second between each usage. (Comfreys are still instant)
- You now gain experience when using skills (glyphing, transmuting, fishing, cooking, and suffusencing!)
- Regen works at 1/4 effectiveness while using skilling! (It will apply the healing at the end of the skill-up, pass or fail)
- Quantity display added to items that can stack
- /find with no parameters now works as a range of + and - 3 levels
- Shift clicking an item on various screens will auto insert it into the target box (for instance, while doing most skills, in the vault deposit, etc)
- Lots of client graphics updates, including a complete redo of the main town screen
- New objective: Mirror Maze (portal updated with some basic teaser info
- Add an Objectives popup in the stats screen that shows the objectives you've completed on your character
- Some client cleanups and optimizations (much cleaner looking font, better performance)
- Added a Quantity filter to the market place for the Item and Object categories
- If the entire catacombs group is inactive in combat for approximately 6 seconds, the group will automatically be disbanded. This will help against lag spikes that affect the entire network.
- Fixed some bugs regarding objectives being completed/available at the wrong times/levels.
- Shift click now works for transmuting and suffusencing, for both slots. (Requires another client refresh)
- Suffusenced fish stacks can now be larger. Normal fish stacks are calculated from the value of your fishing skill + your cooking skill on the fish stack chart. Suffusenced fish are calculated with Fishing + Cooking + Suffusencing. So, for instance, rank 0 in all three skills will allow you to make a stack of 31 sardines.
+ other small updates and changes
More info on Suffusencing:
- Suffusencing is the magical art of suffusing a magical essence with another item. This is a new artform that has recently been discovered. When done successfully, it adds +enhanced effect to the target item. The follow items can be suffusenced: Fish, Comfreys, Glyphs. Please note that the item must not already have any EE on it. The higher the magical essence (Magical property), the more EE it can give to the item! For instance, a rare essence gives 2x what a magical essence does, and a mystical gives 3x what a magical does, etc. Make sure you match the tier on the essence with the item!
Have fun guys. Much much more to come.
- Ladder Reset! Congrats Themanthelegend! by njaguar on Sep 7 2009 08:01pm
- themanthelegend has successfully reset the Softcore Ladder. Congratulations!
Welcome to Season 10 (softcore). Please note that all your softcore characters will be reset back to level 0, as the ladder has reset. You will retain all your items and proficiencies.
Good luck in the next season!
- V1.15 Released! by njaguar on May 15 2009 07:20am
- v1.15 Release Notes:
Objectives are mini accomplishments you can achieve with your character. The criteria of each objective varies. Some simply require a certain level, others require completing a previous objective first. Completion of an objective will result in a reward to your character (which varies from objective to objective). As of this release, all objectives are obtainable only in the Catacombs. When an objective is enabled, you will be notified in the chat box window.
- Spawn rate of Evil Presence has been increased
- Added a /quality command, that can be used to set your client quality. This is useful if you have a slower computer. Check the command reference for more info.
- No Maze catacombs has been removed (as it was originally planned to ONLY be a stepping stone into maze catacombs)
- Drop rates have been increased (the rate at which a monster may drop an item)
- Updated checkboxes on client to look more intuitively like a checkbox
- Leveling up in Arena will automatically advance the level of the resummon monster, so you don't have to go back to town (MCC still resets)
- Hovering over groups now shows who is in the group
- /online will list how many people are looking for a group in a SC/HC format.
- Rogues, Monks, and Ninjas can now detect trapdoors and allow your party to optionally use them or not. (Only requires that one of these characters is in the group, not necessarily the leader)
- Added Objectives to the game (See Below for more details)
- Added a Looking For Group (LFG) system. Each time someone creates a group that you could join, you will be notified, and be able to Join it directly by clicking the Join button next to the game in the bottom right section of the screen. The notifications will appear no matter where you are, as long as you are not already in another group. This allows both those creating games, and those that wish to join the ability to easily find others to group with.
- Individual details on objectives may be released later, but for now, explore them and have fun! See what you can figure out on your own! Please note that the first objective is enabled at LEVEL 5!
- More objectives info is and will be posted here: http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=18
I am pretty sure I missed a lot of other small details, but will update this topic if I remember them.
- Updated Group Create Invite spam protection, you should no longer get spammed by people that create and leave a game repeatedly for the purpose of spamming invites.
- Group invites should now be automatically removed if the group maker leaves (before engaging), or engages the group.
You'll need client 1.15.0 to login (clear cache/refresh if it doesn't show up).
- V1.14.1 Update by njaguar on Apr 28 2009 06:40pm
- Just a quick update to transmuting, it changed a little bit to allow players more control over the transmuting process. Now, you can lower the volatility back down by clicking the Stabilize button. By doing this, it also allows you to use skill to transmute items considerably higher than you otherwise would be able to. Be sure to try it out with some Magical Tier I items first, till you get the hang of it.
Couple other minor updates, and a partial fix to welling, should give rares more often than magical now (about 50/50). Still evaluating welling, and watching the numbers.
Make sure your client shows version 1.14.1 on the login screen, otherwise transmuting will "do nothing" when you attempt it on the old version.
(Thanks to NevV for making the Mute and Essence icons for profiles!)
- V1.14.0 Released! by njaguar on Apr 25 2009 11:21am
- Hi Everyone!
This version contains numerous tweaks and adjustments. Here's some of what's changed and been added:
- Miscellaneous client updates (repositioning, inventory closing on welling, etc)
- Evil presences in maze now have a progressively harder chance to spawn as "more mobs". For instance, 1 evil presence will be much more common than 9.
- Evil presences have a much higher drop rate, and, the more mobs that spawn for one, the drops get even better.
- In catacombs, it now shows who picked up a dropped item.
- In catacombs, it should no longer close the item stats window of an item that was not picked up (YAY! What would happen before was no matter what item was picked up, it would always close the popup window, even if you were looking at a totally different item).
- Removed the "old" transmuting, and all recipes, in favor of:
- New proficiency added: Transmuting! It works as follows:
* Drop any single magical+ item into the box, transmute, click the bar to extract the magical+ essence from the item. Then, combine the magical+ essence with any magical+ item of the same tier to reroll it!
* The reroll factor is based upon your skill level, not character level.
* You can also extract from glyphs, and the essence is a market sellable object.
* When starting, try magical or rare tier I items. As your skill progresses, move up to higher magical items, and eventually higher tiered items.
* Using the down arrow method also works for Transmuting items
* You can now shrine the Essence you get from Transmuting
** More things to do with this skill are planned for the future.
Who and what guild will dominate the transmuting ladder? Good luck!
*Note: As usual, you need to refresh/clear cache to ensure you have the proper version at login.
Congrats to Joshie for being the 1st HC Rank 1 Muter!
Congrats to cpe413 for being the 1st SC Rank 1 Muter!
- V1.13.3 Released by njaguar on Mar 22 2009 10:23am
- v1.13.3 is now released with the following changes:
- You can now filter by Tier on the marketplace (instead of levels)
- When selecting "Only Items I Can Use" as a filter, you can override with tiers if you wish (to view items higher level than your character can equip currently)
- Fixed the fishing + monster glitch on the client, that would sometimes not make it show the well image
- Glyphs are now shrinable
- You no longer gain +1 kill if you gain 0 experience for a kill (either in arena, or in catacombs).
- Fixed a bug with cooking at levels above rank 1
- Account name is now remembered at the login page (on successful login only)
- The enter key will now trigger the Login button on the password fields
- Fixed a client bug with life/mana regen and jubilance related to glyphs
- Accessory hotkey changed from A to R
- Window positioning is now fixed if you get disconnected. It will no longer move all your popups to the top left
- In maze catacombs, when the leader levels up, so does the difficulty of the monsters! It is no longer necessary to make "next game" @ leader level ups!
Thanks, have fun guys!
- V1.13.2a Update by njaguar on Mar 13 2009 09:37am
- Hi guys, just a few more enhancements made (some require a client refresh, no new version number though):
- Added a HC tag to gold logs for HC item purchases
- Maze Catacombs evil presence will now spawn at more appropriate levels (no more less than the game maker's level). This helps improve drops/exp for such encounters.
- LPA/LPK/MPA/MPK fixed to do minimum 1 so long as the target monster is the same level as you or higher.
- Max Life/Mana glyphs now also heal the amount listed instead of just increasing the max life/mana only.
- The "You have died" bug that occurs when swapping max life gear should now be fixed.
- Misc client updates and cleanups
- Levels are now shown next to the tier filter in the vault
- WASD keys added to navigate maze catacombs for the group leader when in the actual maze
- V1.13.2 Released by njaguar on Mar 3 2009 09:30am
- Hi Everyone!
- Fixed the 71 <-> 80 level groups joining each other. Should be able to join both ways now. (Maze)
- Added STACKING to the game:
You can now stack fish based upon your proficiency in Fishing and/or Cooking. The higher proficiencies you have, the larger stacks of various tiers you can make!
Example: The current top fisher and cooker can make stacks of 21 Tier I fish! (Rank 13 and 7 respectively)
These of course can be bought/sold on the market. There are no restrictions to using such stacks, only creating them.
- To create a stack, simple drag one fish onto another fish (or stack onto another stack).
- Fish must be cooked, at least to 1% or higher (no burnt fish)
- Fish must be the same tier
- Fish combined become the average effect of all the combined fish. For instance, +50 life and +100 life will give you 2x +75 life stacked fish. You can also mix and match life/mana fish as well.
More stack info here: http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=17
This update requires client v1.13.2 to be displayed @ the login page. If you don't have this version, you will not be able to see stacks.
- Some Server Updates (v1.13.1a) by njaguar on Feb 27 2009 10:41am
- Hi Everyone!
Been working on things off and on over the past month, so please forgive me if I forgot some changes, but here's the list I had written down:
- Added /r (or /reply) to reply to the last person to message you in game
- /online now shows # of groups that are currently up
- Vault items are now sorted (withdraw page)
- Guild info added to /who if a player is in a guild
- If a player is in a group, /who will show In Group, if group is engaged, it will show Engaged Group
- /kick PLAYER now acts as a BAN on that player. They will not be able to rejoin your group until you remake the group.
- Bug fix regarding expanding vault slots under the 21 days remaining required to expand (would allow you to purchase more slot with only a few days remaining in your subscription)
- Changes to MPA/MPK, LPA/LPK (see below)
- Level 71 and higher characters can now join without level restriction any Maze Catacomb group created by a level 71 or higher character. Example, a level 71 can join a level 80 maze catacomb group, and vice versa.
- When /msg'ing a user, it will now tell you the user is not online if that username is not found.
- Fixed Glyphs so that you can now stack two glyphs with Enhanced Effect on them
** This is a server side update only, so no new client is required.
More details about Mana/Life per Kill/Attack:
- The old caps are now removed, you can now stack multiple items (including glyphs) to far exceed the old cap. (Was a hard cap of 150 for LPK/MPK for instance)
- These items now have a chance to work in Maze Catacombs
- Tier restrictions are now enforced on all such items. This is subject to change, as I will be watching the balance of these stats ongoing, so the ranges could increase in the future. The stat value will still stay the same on all old items, just be capped per tier.
I am sure I'm forgetting other details, but will update as I remember them. Have spread my work over a lot of things this last month, and didn't keep very good notes on my changes.
Have fun, and hopefully I'll have more teaser related material soon. I think we're about ready to roll on in that direction (finally!)
Feb 28 2009: Minor client update- Arena has been revamped a little bit (cleaned up)
- V1.13.1 Update by njaguar on Jan 24 2009 10:09am
- First, I want to say thanks to AlPi, he has taken some time to create some awesome new armors for LS. He has done an incredible job!
So, a few updates:
- New graphics for all armors
- Misc graphics cleanups in the client
- Double click will now join a catacomb group
- Pressing "g" will now Engage your group in catacombs
- Misc vault updates, including inventory auto opening on deposit page
- Maze catacombs drops tweaked a bit more
- Life steal now correctly heals a range (1% to % listed, as was originally intended)
- Life steal now has a % chance to work in maze catacombs
- V1.13.0 Released! by njaguar on Jan 14 2009 12:57pm
- I would like to introduce you to version 1.13, and a big new addition, the Item Vault.
You can use the Item Vault to rent storage space to store (currently) up to 1000 items that are accessible across all of your characters. Additionally, your Guild may purchase Guild Transfer rentals that allow all members in that guild to transfer items between users (assuming both user has a valid and current vault subscription). Some other Item Vault features are that you can store any item in it, including white items (non-magical), and the ability to categorize your items, and search through the items in the your vault in a simplified manner. Also, the items in your vault are private, and other users cannot see what is in your vault.
Item Vault Hint: You can ctrl-click an item in the vault to withdraw it quickly without having to drag to your inventory.
More Item Vault information can be found here: http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=16
That's not all! In addition to this very large addition to the game, the following addons and changes have also been made:
- The Group CREATOR in Maze Catacombs now gets a +1% experience bonus PER person in the group! No more standing around waiting for higher level people to make groups anymore!
- Accessory Charms in the Maze Catacombs now cost 75% mana
- Drop rates increased for Maze Catacombs
- Heal charms will now function as a default to heal yourself if you click on a monster while one is selected
- Experience bars have been added to the Catacombs group window
- And LS is now running all the game mechanics on it's OWN database server! This should 100% stop pretty much all lag during archives!
(Yes, you read correctly, those top features ONLY apply to Maze Catacombs).
Have fun guys!
- V1.12.4 Released, Graphics Overhaul Phase 1 by njaguar on Jan 6 2009 08:57am
- Got some more exciting stuff for you guys, that I couldn't wait to release, so you get it early. My brother (ctaulborg) helped me come up with a theme that I have coded and applied to LS for popup windows (as phase 1). I really like the way this has turned out, and am excited for the next changes.
Additionally, Glyphs in use will now show up in the top middle (right) as glyph icons. You can hover over to see what temporary effects your character is receiving, and how much time is remaining on the glyph.
Hope you guys love it! Enjoy!!!